About SPARK Schools:
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools blended learning facilitators in the foundation phase drive student achievement by overseeing the culture and effectiveness of the Learning Lab, SPARK’s innovative computer lab. SPARK Schools blended learning facilitators work directly with students in whole class, small group, and individual settings to provide academic interventions in literacy and maths.
Blended learning facilitators are integral to the SPARK Schools culture and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
- Create a positive student culture around online learning and small group tutoring and maintain high behavioural expectations for all students.
- Actively coach students on all computer programs and ensure that the educational software used in the lab effectively meets the needs of students.
- Create and submit lesson plans for tutoring sessions.
- Tutor small groups of students on literacy and maths skills.
- Create and submit bi-weekly reports on ST Maths.
- Communicate and collaborate with teachers and school administrators to create individualized learning plans for students.
- Use SPARK culture and behaviour management strategies.
- Incorporate SPARK SEL (SocialEmotional Learning) curriculum with scholars.
- Ensure all Learning Lab resources are used and stored responsibly and .
- Report all damages to hardware to the School Operations Manager and fill out relevant incident reports if needed.
- Have an updated asset list of all hardware in Learning lab received by the School Operations Manager.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Set into a classroom to cover, should there be an operational need.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- English language fluency.
- Clear criminal record.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Preferably, studying part time towards a B.Ed. or PGCE, with a view to becoming a qualified teacher.
- Previous experience managing or working with primary school-aged children.
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new technology.
Skills and Mindset:
- Strong desire to be part of a vibrant and dynamic technology-driven work environment fostering creativity, collaboration and an atmosphere that encourages and allows top performers to thrive.
- Strong desire to be part of a collaborative, team spirited and fast growing Social Impact Disruptor and Society Shaper who is leading change in the education space in South Africa through transformational education innovation, ensuring the accessibility of university and careers for all.
- Strong desire to be part of a learning culture with excellent career development and advancement opportunities supported by individualised professional development, support and mentorship.
- Ability, Desire and Passion to deliver high quality transformational education at affordable fees
We are looking for "GEMS'' with the following attributes:
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support amp; study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Position Type: Full Time
Location: SPARK Randpark Ridge
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.