The Campus Manager role at Valenture Institute takes full responsibility for the oversight of one of Valenture Institute’s Boutique Campuses, a new flagship offering that combines the Valenture CORE offering of online learning with a safe, modern physical space where students can co-learn, interact and collaborate with peers in person while studying online with a global community of students. The Campus Manager will be the key interface between students, parents, team members employed at the Campus, as well as suppliers, to ensure that the Campus is an energetic, culturally-rich and innovative space to learn. In this capacity, Campus Manager will oversee the pastoral care, engagement and retention at the Boutique Campus.
The Campus Manager is a key point of contact with the remote teams that support the delivery of Valenture online academic programmes and acts as a direct and indirect line manager to the team members employed at the Campus.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
Management of the Physical Space:
- Overseeing all supplier relationships onsite, including catering, security, cleaning, maintenance and any other suppliers that are secured to service the Campus.
- Supervision of staff and students onsite
- Overseeing visitor access
- Overseeing COVID screening protocols on entry
- Overseeing Campus safety and security, including liaison with the armed response, fire control measures and all other occupational health and safety regulations
- Put in place processes and improve existing processes that need to cater for the affordances of blended learning.
- Provide leadership and direct line management to the Campus caretaker.
- Serve as the line manager to the Learning Coaches employed to manage each Year level and work with the Head of Student Success to ensure that these team members receive the development and support that they require.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and support to all staff at the Campus.
- Discipline of Individual Members of Staff: when necessary, disciplining individual members of Staff in accordance with the Disciplinary Procedures of Valenture Institute.
- Ensuring that the duty of providing cover for absent Learning Coaches is shared equitably among all staff at the Campus, taking into account their duties and planning with the various functional team leaders to ensure continuity.
- Leading culture at the Boutique Campus through regular initiatives that bring a sense of fun, innovation and celebration to the physical environment. This may include days that celebrate traditions and occasions and that are marked by novel activities and Valenture swag or merchandise.
- Finding unique ways to bring Valenture values to life in physical form.
- Organise value-add events for current and prospective parents at the Boutique Campus
- Manage the allocated budget for the running of the Boutique Campus and report on month-end variances.
- Form part of the annual financial planning cycle to set the budget for the Boutique Campus.
- Act as the first point of escalation for disciplinary issues that take place on site at the school and liaise with the Principal and Director of Teaching and Learning on disciplinary issues.
- Determining in accordance with any written statement of general principles provided by Valenture Institute, any measures to be taken with a view to promoting, among the students, self-discipline and proper regard for authority, encouraging good behaviour on the part of the pupils, securing that the standard of behaviour of the pupils is acceptable and otherwise regulating the conduct of the students; making such measures generally known within the School and ensuring that they are implemented; school day (including any breaks) when pupils are present on the School premises and whenever the pupils are engaged in authorised school activities whether on the school premises or elsewhere;
- Join Faculty Board meetings and provide input on disciplinary matters that take place at the Boutique Campus.
- Liaise with parents on disciplinary issues.
- Form part of all cadences determined for the Campus, including DSUs, weekly meetings and other rhythms that may be established.
- Provide timeous responses to Valenture Institute communications with team members.
- Ideally, the candidate would have an interesting mix of experience in education, and events or corporate wellness. Since the candidate will be responsible for creating a dynamic space with a strong culture, the focus on supplier relationships and creating an amazing space is key. Similarly, the need to interface and build strong relationships with parents and students is a key requirement of the role. The candidate should also be able to comfortably be a first line of contact for disciplinary matters at the school, although they will be supported by the school’s Principal and the Faculty Board at Valenture Institute.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines and an understanding of the compliance elements of running a school
- Demonstrated experience in teaching or counselling as well as management
- Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree with an education qualification is preferable
- 4+ years in a management focussed role, ideally in managing a school’s facilities
- Police clearance
Family member discount for Valenture Institute
Voluntary savings Programme
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, your application is considered unsuccessful at this time.