Reporting to the Technical lead, we are seeking a Software Engineer (Software Engineer Level 3) with a background in building scalable, predictable, high-quality and high-performing web applications on the Microsoft technology stack.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing applications. You will work with a team of experienced developers and business resources to build high-performing enterprise systems that assist clients in making the best strategic decisions for their business. This includes the maintenance and promotion of department coding standards and naming convention.
Contributing to the creation of project delivery timelines will be a key responsibility by providing technical insight and participating in estimation sizing discussions as required.
Key to this role is ensuring the correct Degree or National Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related qualification.
- Based on discussions with your SCRUM Team design applications according to end user needs.
- Track projects, tasks and bugs using the company specified work tracking system.
- Understand requirements from a business perspective and contribute to designing clear, easy-to-use applications from a user perspective.
- Involved in the creation of completely new applications or, build upon the functionality of existing ones.
- Work closely with others on the teams/team members to come up with the best possible solutions for the applications.
- Involved in the development of Euromonitor’s technology solutions to improve functionality, user-friendliness and presentation of our products.
- Involved in independent research contributing to technical discussions where required.
- Understand and contribute toward the level of code quality and test coverage within the SCRUM Team.
- Engage in technical discussion contributing to design and development.
- Liaise with Business Analysts, Product Managers and/or internal/external customers to ensure that requirements are understood.
- Understand and contribute toward the practice of BDD/TDD/DDD as part of the software engineer best practice.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Ensure compliance of final product with end-user specifications through regular reviews with designated end-user groups where applicable.
- This could include testing functionality of your own and colleagues’ code for performance and effecting changes to code as required.
- Regular code reviews with colleagues to identify bugs and performance problems ensuring code and product quality
- Monitor, analyze and act on post-deployment bugs.
- Review of user feedback and proposing/implementing action plans for development based on discussion with your team.
- Provide any required support to end-users of the applications.
- Contribute to the training of team members on agile development practices, use of appropriate design patterns and SOLID/design principles in their day-to-day work.
- Contribute to the technical ownership of projects/tasks ensuring their successful completion to project deadlines.
- Ensure the writing of concise documentation for applications and websites.
- Show initiative to use new technologies and methodologies that will benefit projects and responding to the introduction of software advances and upgrades.
- Take ownership and volunteer to collaborate with whole of delivery team and be able to mentor and guide the junior team members.
- Keep upskilling yourselves on a regular basis on the new and latest technology trends and practices.
- 2+ year’s development experience or exposure using Microsoft .NET technologies to build Micro Service Architecture, Web and/or Console Applications as well as Windows and Web Services.
- Experience\Understanding in the below frameworks:
- .NET Core
- WebApi Net Framework 4.6.*
- Asp.Net Core
- SQL Server or Azure SQL and/or NoSQL
- Experience\Understanding of DevOps practices including:
- Continuous integration/Deployment (CI/CD)
- QA Automation
- Release Process
- Cloud Development
- Health Monitoring
- Feature toggle-based Development
- Cross Function collaboration
- Experience\Understanding to the below testing toolset:
- Postman, Insomnia
- Protractor, Jasmine
- Experience\Understanding to Cloud technologies including:
- OOP programming (theoretical and practical experience of OO design principles and patterns)
- Agile methodologies
- BDD (Behaviour Driven Development)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Event Driven Architecture
- API Gateways and Service Discovery
- Knowledge with Visual Studio programming environments and Azure DevOps
- Good oral and written communication skills; strong communication with both technical and business teams.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and drive to take on personal responsibility.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Critical reasoning and decision-making skills.
While an advanced level of computer literacy is essential to this position, it is envisaged that additional training and support will be necessary for the suitable applicant, in order to acquaint him/her with Euromonitor standards/procedures and to keep pace with technological advances.
Why work for Euromonitor?
International: not only do we have a very multinational workforce in each office but we are all dealing with our 15 offices worldwide on a daily basis. With 15 offices globally there are regular opportunities for international transfer.
Hardworking but sociable: our staff know how to work hard but also how to enjoy themselves! We pride ourselves on creating an appropriate work-life balance, with flexible hours and regular socialising including frequent after work meet ups, summer and Christmas parties and a whole range of sports and other groups to be involved with.
Committed to making a difference: We think that people are looking for something worthwhile in a company beyond the workplace. Our extensive Corporate Social Responsibility Programme gives each member of staff two volunteering days a year in addition to holidays. It sees us reaching out into the local community with our mentoring, group volunteering, and fundraising initiatives as well as supporting international charities through our website sales, matching staff sponsorship fundraising, and carbon offsetting all our flights, amongst many other activities.
Excellent benefits: we offer highly competitive salaries, enhanced healthcare and pensions, plus generous holiday allowances and in many offices a Core Hours policy allowing flexible start and finish times to each day.
Opportunities to grow: we offer extensive training and development opportunities at all levels. The vast majority of our managers and directors have been promoted from within and many have moved across departments as well as upwards. We pride ourselves on identifying and rewarding talent.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:?Euromonitor International does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.