The Faircape Group owns and manages six luxury retirement/lifestyle villages within the Western Cape.
We currently have a vacancy for a Food Service Assistant at Heritage Manor in Somerset West.
The successful incumbent will have a variety of tasks associated with food production and kitchen hygiene.
Job duties include, but is not limited to the following:
- Cleaning and preparation of vegetables, fruits and meats for cooking
- Cooking of simple foods
- Maintaining work areas and serving areas in a clean, sanitary and safe conditions
- Washing of crockery and cutlery
- Packing of supplies in the food storage areas
- Assist in storing unused food and supplies, dispose of unusable leftovers and garbage
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and knowledge:
- Similar experience in the kitchen and food preparation
- Knowledge of standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements
- Knowledge of sanitation practices related to handling and serving food
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Required to work 16.25 shifts per month. Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays, according to the roster, from 06h30 to 18h30.
Salary on offer from R4,500.00 Cost to Company per month
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.